Monday, October 25, 2010

Expression Project

The words are arranged in a circular shape to contribute to the restful feeling, but also to state that this is my cycle of emotions.  Each of these words is has a separate font and leading to emphasize their meaning.  The words are unshelved and unframed, since it does me no good to frame my personality on the wall or place it on a shelf when I can live it instead and let others see for themselves.  If the shadows left me, then my personality would reflect my happy and free emotions. When the layers are peeled away, all that remains is my soul behind the mirror.  The mirror in the center reflects my true face, hidden behind a shell of gray.  This shell keeps the darkness away from the my personality.  The water in the mirror flows as I do, and the plant growing from the pool of water displays how I believe that life will always find a way, even in the most adverse of situations.  The mirror does not have smooth edges that blend with the shell, since they completely oppose each other.  My figure is sideways to create a sense of peace within the safety of the shell.  The shadows are in the corners, held at bay, and are triangles to symbolize my conflict with them.  While my face may be towards the center, it is more to the right, since that's the way I want to live, always doing what is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment